Fairly modest turnout not particularly surprising as forecast had rain arriving in the afternoon. Question was when. Unusually (?) the Beeb and the Met disagreed. We managed 5 launches before the rain arrived, so it was time for lunch. Lunch eaten and the rain cleared. There was a cable out and no one rushing to launch so I felt obliged to take the K8. Launch to just over 2,000′ and with reduced sink in an east-west line just to the south of the winch resulted in a 16 minute flight. Clouds came and went limiting launch heights but some manged to enjoy some weak lift in the same band that I had played in.
After almost 5 months at the mercy of the medics Peter E made a welcome appearance, climbed into the Puchacz and flew as if he’d been flying yesterday. A gap in the clouds enabled him to launch us above the lower cloud and after descending through the clear air he ran up and down the east-west line picking up scraps of lift.
We just had 2 members going to take another launch when the rain threatened to return and we packed up. Fun and games were had when the launch point wagon came to a grinding halt thanks to the sodden ground. Various ploys were attempted to get the wagon home until one (assisted by some brute force shoving) succeded.